Best Shared Hosting 2019 – Review, Ranking and Offers
Shared hosting is the most cost-effective and economical hosting option available. For most users, Linux (OS) make the most sense unless there is any particular reason for choosing a Windows (OS). Other main criteria include customers reviews, hosting charges, feature-rich hosting packages, and great technical support. Our analysis & review of the field has netted iPage* our recommendation for shared web hosting needs.
- FREE Domain Name
- FREE Site Builders
- FREE SSL Certificate
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
- 50 GB Web Space
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- 1 Website Allowed
- 5 Email Accounts
Limited Time Offer
- Host 1 Website
- Unlimited Storage Space
- Unlimited Data Transfer
- Included Free SSD
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee
- 25 Email Accounts
- Free SSL Certificate
- Unlimited (GB)Disk Space
- Ulimited Monthly Transfers
- 2 MySQL Databases
- Host 2 Websites on 1 Account
- FREE Domain Registration or Transfer
- $250 FREE Advertising Credits
- 90 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Free SSD Storage
- Unlimited Web Space
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- $500 Free Advertising Credits
- 30 Days MoneyBack
- Free Website Builder
- Free Domain Name ($14.99 value)
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- 24/7 Phone & Chat Support
Special Introductory Offer
- Host 1 Website
- 10 GB Server Space
- Free Domain Name
- Free Website Builder
- 30 Days Money Back
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Free Daily Backup
- Cpanel & SSH Access
- Single Domain
- Unlimited Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Emails
- cPanel Included
- 30 day Money Back Guarantee
- 24/7 technical support
What is Shared Web Hosting?
If you have a Website or application on the Internet, it will be hosted on a web server and made accessible to your valuable online visitors by your web hosting provider. In the web hosting industry there are currently four primary types of hosting available;
I. Shared Web Hosting, II. VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server), III. Dedicated Hosting.
With a Shared Server Hosting account, your Webpage, email and all other supporting files will be hosted on a single server where there can be many other user sometimes hundreds, thousands accounts and all resources like memory, web space and bandwidth will be shared by all the users and websites hosted on that single server.
You may suppose that with so many accounts hosted on single server it is lead to cause troubles, well sometimes it does but for the mostly websites do not generate sufficient traffic or use hardly near enough server resources for it to become a trouble. If your selected Web host is any best, they will be observing your web server 24/7 to make sure that the web server does not become overburdened or use to more resources from server side. Should an issue occur, it is generally looked up very quickly by the team of experts who will resolve the issue before you even notice it.
Is Shared Hosting Right For You?
This is totally depends on what you are going to do with your Website and how much traffic and visitors you will receive. If you are going to run a personal website, a weblog or a Small Business site with a less number of visitors every month then the answer is probably yes. If you are expecting thousands of monthly visitors to your website may be better off with Virtual Server Hosting (VPS) or even your own Dedicated Server.
For those just starting out a website or small business I would recommend going with a Shared Hosting plan with one of the hosting companies listed above, most come with amazing features and they are much cheaper than a VPS or Dedicated Web Server. A good Shared Hosting plan generally costs in between 3 and 7 dollars per month and in future should you find that you have outgrown your shared hosting you can easily upgrade as and when required.
What are the Benefits of Shared Hosting Plans?
Shared Web Hosting plans come along with it many benefits . Few benefits are mentioned below:
- Shared hosting is much cheaper compared to Virtual Private Server Hosting and dedicated Server which means that even websites for personal use, blogging and small businesses can easily afford it. Shared hosting plan charges are usually offered with prices ranging from $3/Mo. to $7/mo..
- The server management and maintenance is taken cared of by the web hosting service provider which means that you don’t need to worry yourself with technical issues of the web server.
- You will be provided with easy to use cPanel or other user-friendly application that are specially designed to make website management easier.
- You will have multiple email accounts at your own domain name as well as the choice to have more than one database.
- You will be provided with MySQL and PHP support.
- However a number of web pages use the same resources, most shared hosting packages provides for a round the clock administration, maintenance and technical support that gives you uptime reliability almost comparable to dedicated hosting plans.
What are the Disadvantages of Shared Hosting Plans?
Despite the numerous of benefits that shared hosting India bring to their clients, it also has few drawbacks. These are the few drawbacks of shared Server hosting plans:
- The biggest drawback of shared web hosting is the security concerns that the server encounters. Shared servers are generally prone to hacking attacks and any harmful action that the server experiences affects the complete network of websites using the same server..
- As you are sharing the resources of one server, your website my often experience downtime brought about by the request for resources by other websites hosted on same server.
- You may face resource limitation as everybody else in the network utilizes the same CPU, web space, memory and hard drive.
- Shared Hosting have lesser features compared to VPS or dedicated hosting plans.
- The customer/technical support may not be as good as those of VPS, dedicated plans.
- Because of security system, few available port and links may be restricted.
Best Alternatives of Shared Hosting?
There are no exact,appropriate substitutes to the low cost and less maintenance that a Shared Hosting offers. If you want hosting that is more reliable, secured, custom-configured, and generally not affected by other shared server users, you undoubtedly need a Virtual Private Server Hosting (VPS) or Dedicated Server Hosting.
VPS hosting is the modern and more economical way to get a dedicated server. This technology permits one physical server to be divided into multiple VPS’s. Each one is completely separate from the others on the actual machine carrying out the aspects and ability of a dedicated server hosting . Furthermore, it requires technical knowledge and skills.
Dedicated hosting Server is an Internet hosting choice in which an organization or business rented out an entire server, which is usually housed in a highly secured data center. The hosting provider not only provides the server resources, but may also provide the server management and other required tools. This hosting option is considered a more secure and flexible arrangement for the user because dissimilar to in shared hosting server arrangements, it gives the business as well as large enterprise complete control over the server resources such as software and security systems.